111

Monday 6 April 2020

Would performance mufflers make a car louder?

Eva Lichlyter: YES. Should have mentioned what you drive for a few recommendations.

Eliseo Luma: Louder no. But sound better, yes.Mufflers are there to keep the car quiet. I suppose an aftermarket muffler will be alittle louder than stock but it'll still be quieter than doing a straight pipe. With that being said not all straight pipe systems are loud. You have to control the frequency(aka using aftermarket mufflers) to make it loud all the way through the RPM range.I have a friend with a straight piped Silverado and while it's loud, it's not as loud as some cars with a performance exhaust system. His truck seems to lose noise when it gets above 3800 RPM...Show more

Gaynell Pizzaro: Yes they would make it louder. Not sure what kind of car you have or the sound you re looking for or price range I have a 96 Honda civic and I put a thrush welded muffler on which is kind of a knock off flowmaster it was $37 on Amazon its louder and fairly deep unlike most Honda s ! that are kinda whiny

Loise Mausser: Typically yes. My oldest son did an EGR delete, DPF delete, CAT delete and put a muffler without baffles that is about 13" in diameter on his main ride. If I am outside in the evening when he comes home, I can hear it from 3/4 mile away.

No comments:

Post a Comment