111

Friday 17 April 2020

My 2 year old is too big for her car seat but is it safe to change to booster seat?

Cassondra Vanholland: Unfortunately, your daughter appears to be both a little short and a little young to truly fit the booster seats. You might look at the graco nautilus. It is a convertible car seat that then becomes a high-backed booster and then a backless booster. It's posted weight range is 20-100lbs and 27-57" tall. This would hold her as a car seat until she is a little bigger and then you could convert it to the high backed booster. We are considering this car seat for my son once he outgrows his current infant carseat because of the convertibility. It is a relatively new car seat but would be worth looking into. Britax also makes the Boulevard, which holds kids up to 49" and 65lbs. It is expensive but would fit her until she was large enough for a backless booster....Show more

Verdie Wollen: check out this sitehttp://www.car-safety.org/faq.html#Q8

Alma Twomey: I do have a convertible Recaro seat that's up to 80 pounds as a booster but as a harness ! it goes only up to 40 pounds. it's one of the best out there but it was not the right seat for my daughter, too heavy for the harness and too small for the booster. I'll just have to swallow it and get the Sunshine Kids 80!

Stanton Degregorio: 45 pounds! Dang! What have you been feeding her? I try to get my son to put on some weight, but nothing works. He is 32 months old and 25 pounds.They make convertible car seats that change into boosters.http://www.babyuniverse.com/product/index.jsp?prod...

Tillie Wynott: I have an eddie baur car seat that actually goes up to 100 lb. They do have car seats that will take your child's weight. The problem is your child's height. She's not tall enough to go into a booster.

Willa Holte: I just found out about the "Sunshine Kids Radian65" car seat which fits kids up to 65 pounds. I was hoping to spend less for this might be the safest option.

Romana Stiman: Why don't you try getting her a bigger car seat? That's! what I did with my daughter Brianna. She's 4 and still in a b! igger car seat.

Cassidy Pangrazio: Get a car seat that goes to 80 lbs. That' what I have. It can be a car seat up to 80 lbs, or it can convert to a booster up to 100 lbs.

Madlyn Fallis: She needs to be in a covertable car seat or certain booster seats that are also made for toddlers with the five point harness. You are right that regular booster seats are not safe. Here are some other options for you that might be cheaper:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_...http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_......Show more

Indira Wassell: I have the turbo booster with the high back. It is my oldest son's and he is 8 and 58 lbs. If I remember correctly this seat is designed for kids age 4 and up and for weight 40 lbs and up. This is what mine say its several years old, and it sounds like they changed the weight requirements. I suggest a 5 point convertible carseat that will go to a booster. I got ours at BJ's wholesale, it was 89 dollars a! nd goes from 5-100 lbs, its an Eddie Bauer

Inge Mclaurine: Get a five point harness booster seat. Safe for 25 - 80 pounds. About $60 at Wal Mart.

Avis Brantner: you can change into a big booster seat then when she is bigger the back comes off to a normal booster seat I have the same problem it is safe and keeps mommy at ease LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment