111

Sunday 5 July 2020

Weddings on a budget?

Donnell Mollo: Obviously if they're the same metal then you can wear both on one finger. But a majority of people I know wear their wedding bands on its own and put on the engagement ring with the band on 'special occasions'.Personally I'll stick with the band by itself because it's more comfortable. I'm not really a ring person and the diamond gets in the way :)...Show more

Jene Licausi: we usually dont wear the ring but the old people says that not wearing engagement ring brings problems for the brides groom.but the new generation people doesnot believe this things.

Raul Tllo: Work on your relationship instead of choosing a dress. You could go to a couples counselor to learn more effective ways to communicate without arguing, or you could get a few books from the library or watch Dr. Phil! Seriously though, now should be the time to improve your relationship, not worry about setting a date and picking colors. All of that (wedding planning) is fun but it's! putting the cart before the horse if your having relationship issues that need work. 20 and 25 is very young - why rush? You have the rest of the your life to be an "old married couple"!...Show more

Manie Labat: Any one want to take bets on how long it takes him to figure out he can't afford her and they get divorced? That's CRAZY. If I had a 1/2 Million Dollar budget for my wedding, I'd probably give most of it to charity and make my wedding meaningful, but to each his/her own!

Lashawnda Anteby: You wear them both, on the same finger (if you have two rings) I was so happy with my engagment ring that I don't want a wedding band because it would take away from the other one

Jonathan Schlussel: If your having problems and he's having doubts about the relationship all that isn't going to go away just because you get married.Just work on your relationship and forget about getting married for now.

Marion Wieboldt: They are all great idea and the mor! e places you can cut costs the better of you'll be if you want! it on a budget. Doing your own make-up / hair etc too is a good option, if it's a possibility!!Good on you, the importance shouldn't be on the cost of a wedding but the union between the couple!

Abel Adger: Overall, I think you have good ideas.You can also DIY your own centerpieces & decorations. If you want, you can also make your own bouquets. You can also drive yourself & cut limo costs!As for the fiance's sisters. Are they really going to want to do those jobs? As far as "film the day" - - is that a must? Would you be happy with just the ceremony maybe? That way the sis can film that for you then enjoy the party with the rest of the family.MC Duties - is your FSIL experienced with that? And does the reception venue have a microphone & speakers or will you need to provide that?DJ - this is tough. A DJ can act as MC as well as judget the crowd and make changes to the songs on-the-fly to keep the guests happy and the party hoppin'.There were only a few thing! s I wouldn't cut back on for my own wedding: reception food/drinks, DJ, and Photographer. So personally, I think these are really important areas where you shouldn't try to cut back too much....Show more

Launa Weingarten: I think that you guys need to spend some time apart. You guys need to decide what you really want out of life, and see if that includes the other person.I think that both of you need to mature before getting married, marriage is about working together for one goal.Good luck....Show more

Nell Dipiero: I was watching the same thing! And yeah, I wouldn't justify that budget either...It's simply outrageous. : /

Tosha Tawney: If I were a billionaire then it would be the same budget range I gave myself, so if you have a lot of pennies in your wedding penny bank then it's okay. Going into debt for that is stupid. I think it would be better to go with a little less and make a large donation in the name of my guests.

Anibal Scheid: There! is no rush. Marriage is supposed to be for the rest of your life.I liv! ed with my husband for four years before we got married.Weddings last a few hours.Don't push him into anything.You are worth having the marriage you want and he needs to be on the same page as you.Everyone in this world wants to be loved unconditionally,make sure you are one to make good choices for this to be your life.You deserve it and nothing less !...Show more

Adelle Weight: both - the wedding band first then the engagement ring on top of it

Cassey Hollinghurst: DIY invitations, good. You have the time to get it right if it doesn't turn out the way you want.Dad's friend to do photos, is he any good, do they want to do it, are they ready?Make your own wedding cake, honestly unless you try to get really fancy I'm sure it'll be fine.Fiances sister to film the day, probably not a good idea. They'll want to enjoy the day with everyone else.Same thing with the other sister, even if they say it's a good idea it still has potential to be disappointing.No DJ, as lon! g as your sound system is up to it I don't see why not.Other things:Do your own flowers.Have a small cake for cutting, and a big sheet cake with the same color frosting for dishing up.Rent the tux, it will be drycleaned before he picks it up.Find a second hand wedding dress (you can call it vintage if anyone asks).Find an inexpensive place for the reception or ceremony. Public parks with large old buildings can be rented inexpensively.Some wedding coordinators have a day of package where they just orchestrate things the day of the wedding (your going to be stressed enough as it is).Think about what your going to have the longest from that day. Is it going to be the flowers, the cake, the rented tux, are you going to have your wedding dress out for all to see, or are you going to have a nice photo album on the coffee table? Think about what your going to have a year or two after the wedding and put a priority on those things....Show more

Carlee Tangaro: a house, a nice! car... maybe rolling around in the pile of money naked every other day! , but not on a wedding....but those wedding sure are beautiful. and I saw that episode this morning also!

Sena Highman: These are great ideas, and you will both be glad you did, especially when you can use the money for a down payment on a house, put into a savings account, a car you might need to get to work, etc.

Kenneth Blacker: Invisible Pink,never! I got married 23 years ago down in Key West FL.at city hall,I was 30 years old then and I was married in a tank top and shorts,so many people so throw so much money away on weddings,to me it's ridiculous,the wedding doesn't guarantee that the marriage will last,I think it's fine to have a small celebration but this is going way over board to me.The money can be used for other important things,Tomb Raider.

David Kuper: These are all great ideas. Just be sure that when you do the invites, they follow a format that is clear who is invited, and how to respond.Otherwise, there are so many nice ways to have a wed! ding that don't involve a standard "checklist." Your guests don't care about the photos, as long as the cameraperson doesnt take over the event. Etc.I have been to lovely weddings in church halls without canned music, I have enjoyed delicious cake even though it was a little slanted, I am happier without a monogrammed favor.Don't waste money on programmed spending, save it for honest hospitality. You sound like you're naturally a great hostess!...Show more

Buddy Ardd: My wedding cost $5,000 and that included the honeymoon and it was exactly the way I wanted it. Some people are not happy unless everything they have is bigger and better than everyone else. If I had that amount of money I would pay off my house, all of my bills and help out other people.

Elinore Schlinker: Don't be afraid to do your own cake. Even if you have never made one before, many places offer classes and the web is great for instructions. I am doing my own cake and my advice to you is to pra! ctice a couple of times to make sure that you can get it to look like w! hat you want it to. If not then you can regroup and find an alternative.

Sharolyn Claybourn: No, I don't think I could. Now, I COULD justify that much on a house. No problems there!

Corey Rohleder: why do you want to be married so bad? be happy that you are in a loving relationship. if you push to hard you will not get what you want but the total opposite.

Bryant Chaudhry: My fiance and i have been together since feb 07, we grew up together so have breifly known each other all our life (sort of) (i'm 20, he's 25) we talked about getting married and decided to get get engaged on christmas eve 07 (yes, was a little quick and not very romantic that we both decided to get engaged) we wanted to get married on a beach abroad summer 09. anyway, we started arguing about things - His family. That is all over now and isn't an issue. A few months ago i asked him when we were booking the wedding and he told me that he didnt want to book it yet, maybe in a few month! s or next year etc.. Because we were arguing. I agreed with him but a part of me didn't. That was 4 months ago, i askd him the other day when we were booking the wedding and he said the same thing as before. We only argue about silly things -what to have for dinner or something. Ive told him that i want to start looking at dresses and things and book our wedding (basically booking a holiday) but he says that he is not ready. Now (today) he says that maybe in a month he would book it.This just angered me bacause it's like he's just saying that to shut me up etc...I don't even wear my ring anymore because i don't see the point in being engaged when the man doesn't really know what it means.Also he feels that i pushed him into the engagement a little. Which i agree with but im angry that he didn't tell me that. He said that he thought he might lose me if he did.Im so confused. I love him more than anything but im worried i love him more than he loves me?Also. we live together ! in his house, Im putting money into the morgage and putting my name on ! the deeds so that it will be ours. We have lived together for a year so we know that we can live together.please help??...Show more

Derick Kinnard: you get your wedding bands sodered to your engagement ring and wear them as a set.

Basil Blasingame: Hi!!! These are great ideas, as long as those family and friends offered their services for the day. I'm doing everything that you are doing except fot the cake (nobody in my family can bake, let alone bake and decorate a wedding cake), and the video. I might need a professional for that since nobody I know can do it. I'm also gonna do my own flowers with the help of my bridesmaid. Maybe you know somebody that knows how to do flowers, that could save you a lot of money too. Good luck!...Show more

Darcie Peraha: Yikes, don't push him into marriage. Sounds like he definitely has cold feet. If all you want to do is get married, then find someone who wants the same thing. But if you want to have a relationship, t! hen slow down on the marriage thing and work on just being together. What's the rush, anyway?

Guy Bonamico: I just watched an episode of Platinum Weddings were the brides budget was $500,00.00That's right - half a million dollars!!Even if I had that sort of money - and mind you I had an elaborate destination wedding to Maui, HI theres no way in heck that I could justify that budget -Could you?...Show more

August Hubbard: I think all of those DIY ideas are perfect ways to cut corners. The food and drink are what really make any big party, especially a wedding, so you definitely want to make sure you can afford a nice wedding package where ever your reception is being held.I would be careful about making a cake, depending on how many guests you are expecting, it can be quite time consuming and frustrating. Make sure you know exactly what you're doing!!All of the other ideas are foolproof! I've read in a lot of wedding blogs and magazines that more and more people ! are using their own ipod instead of a DJ and are using close friends to! film and photograph their wedding. Weddings are only as expensive as you make then! Good luck and congratulations!...Show more

Roxane Leathers: you can definitely do it. We had our invitations printed, but then we put them together and addressed all the envelopes. We also had a friend do photography, another to do the cakes, and another did the wedding video. We also had no DJ. Something else that would cut cost would be if you have a friend that can do your flowers. I had a friend do mine, and she knew where to go to get nice, inexpensive flowers. I had roses, orchids and calla lilies in 6 bouquets, plus bouttennieres, corsages, a flower arrangement down where we got married, etc all for less than $300!...Show more

Cornelius Thornborrow: I think they're all great ideas as long as your family members don't mind working your wedding instead of being able to enjoy it as a guest. The only thing I would rethink is the cake. It's pretty difficult to get a ho! memade cake to look classy enough for a wedding unless the person is extremely experienced in baking & cake design. Best of luck!!

Jorge Gerrero: You wear them both together :)

Randolph Lozoya: no way would i contribute one single penny to some guy to help him make his house payments if my name is not on the mortgage as an equal co owner. i would put the amount of money in an account in my own name to be used later if and when my name would ever go on the papers. not until. otherwise i am literally paying him rent, like a tenant. you are pushing this with someone who will tell you anything to buy more time. he does not want to get married to you. he will not marry you and there is no way you are getting your name on any deeds. no way. i dont care if you live with him for the rest of your life. you are nothing but a renter in his house, a roomate. unless you have a wedding date you are not a fiance. you are a girl a guy is stringing along. you are ! very young, and so really is he. and it sounds like he has stalling do! wn pat. both of you need to just cool it. ...Show more

Alexandria Popik: Of course you need to wear them

Marcelle Vanlith: Poppet - A house hell yeah thats "forever" but a one day affair?Ridiculous -

Cherlyn Tefera: No since most of the things they have are not my taste to begin with. Unless you hang out with Donald Trump or a plethora of Hollywood celebs, many people do say that the simplest weddings are their favorite compared to extravagant ones becasue they are focused on the love the couple shares rather than how much money they spent. Everyone has different priorities.

Tobie Oshea: both, alone, or wedding ring alone- whatever you choose..some women sometimes are too ashamed their engagement ring is small so they dont wear it, some have big rocks and like to show it off..whatever's clever!!!

Monroe Rainey: Wow...u are only 20...so much to learn.Well, he says he felt u pushed him into it...be glad he told you BEFORE you started planning th! e actual wedding and not after you said I do and he was ready for a divorce. Men don't think the way many women do. yeah, he should have said it along time ago...but that's something a lot of men do...wait until later.Living together for a year, doesn't mean you can live together for a lifetime.You need to ease up on rushing this man into a wedding. 1st find out if he wants to wait longer than the original date...u either give him the time he needs or u call it off...but I wouldn't want anyone saying I do when he isn't sure....Show more

Connie Dickirson: It all depends on what you want to wear. Some people like to wear only the wedding ring & some people wear them both.

Arlene Maycumber: "We have lived together for a year so we know that we can live together."Living together with constant arguments and serious differences in goals and principles is worse than being whipped and/or beaten.He does not want to marry you. Smell the soured milk.If you really wante! d to marry him you would have insisted on couples counseling long ago a! nd you would wear the ring.See an attorney about how to get your equity from the house and then RUN LIKE HELL away from the situation.Get on your knees and thank whoever you believe in that you learned this now and not after you had children.P.S. You say you love him ???? Honey, that isn't love; its emotional bondage....Show more

Charissa Bichsel: Theres really no rule. You can wear them together. You can stop wearing the engagement and just put it on when you want extra bling. Some people have the two rings joined.

Cole Desher: Nope, can't justify it for myself. Some people can. Some people are multi-billionaires who have $500k here and there to spend on a one day affair. Is it responsible? No. I think some charitable organizations would be a far worthier cause than a one day "Look at me!" bash.My husband and I got married for under $4k last summer. It was the wedding we wanted with the people we wanted to share it with. I still look back on my pictures and r! emember the day fondly, as do our guests. I agree with the answerer who noted that PW couples are more about the show rather than their own relationship. I watched one where the groom referred to their wedding as "a production." A production? I thought that was very telling because that means he views weddings as shows for entertainment and attention, rather than event, which is about celebrating a major life step. My husband made a very good point about couples that spend grotesque amounts of money on their weddings: If that's how much a bride demands to spend on her wedding, how much will her new husband-to-be have to spend to keep her happy throughout the marriage? You can't expect a woman to have a $500k bash, and then be satisfied with a moderate spending life. How much will need to be spent on her children's birthday parties? Anniversaries?...Show more

Booker Moros: Yeah this is a dumb question, but:When you get married, do you stop wearing your engagement ring,! or do you wear them both?

Elmo Tervo: Great ideas!! The playlist! from the ipod is what we are doing and I'll make my own invites too. All of the other ideas are great, the photographer being a friend of the family is very lucky! :-)My only piece of advice is about your wedding cake.I know they are expensive, but the cake is something people remember and is also in photos. Please don't take this offensive, but if your cake doesn't turn out as good as you thought, it might look tacky and look like you've cut corners. An inexpensive idea if you do still plan on doing your own is the cupcake idea. You can make heaps and have them piled up nicely, and decorating would be much easier than a whole cake....Show more

Efren Clankscales: Nope. No way, uh-uh, never.I would say I couldn't justify that on a house, but in certain markets that won't even really buy much, so I suppose I could justify it if I lived in Manhattan or some other place with an outrageous cost of living.

Patrick Bitsui: This is what my ex started doing right before! we were supposed to get married - if you read my question a few minutes ago in weddings, you can see how that turned out. He may not be ready now or ever.....you need to decide now for yourself, do you want to wait for him to be ready - this means you have to stop asking about the wedding and let him come around himself OR get out now before you waste your life waiting for something that might never happen. It all depends on whether or not you feel he is really the one for you, married or not....Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment