111

Wednesday 15 July 2020

can vegans wear animal or what is vegan?

Chris Wilczewski: vegetarian is the diet, Vegan is the lifestyle

Anton Waln: Yes anyone is able. Whether you go cold turkey or slowly is up to you - do what will help you stick with it. Just don't be too hard on yourself at first or you will get frustrated and maybe give up, at least that's what happens to some people.

Donny Bankson: Well the definition of "Vegan" is a person who does not eat or use animal products. This would include eating animals products and wearing animal products (leather,wool) Although there are vegans who wear leather. There is no "type" of vegan. I myself wear leatherl, but i am still vegan.

Charissa Bichsel: That's why I don't. Honey is made by the bees, for the bees. Same with meat. I don't care if they raised the cows as angels. You're still taking their life. If it's not necessary, I don't consume it.

Marita Stadick: I eat honey. It is not unethicalAnd like ALL vegans (including those that pretend not to use animal p! roducts) I depend on captive "slave" honeybees to pollinate the produce that I eat.

Bethany Blocker: Hi, A vegan is someone who does not consume any animal products. This includes meat, dairy, eggs, typically honey, and animal byproducts (gelatin, whey, casein, rennet.) In addition with not consuming animal products, they do not buy any clothing articles that are made from animals, buy any animal tested products or products with animal ingredients, and they do not support places which make money off of animal exploitation, such as Rodeos, SeaWorld, Zoos, etc.Many people choose to go vegan because they are concerned about how animals are treated on factory farms. Animals live in very tight spaces (even worse for chickens as they live 5 to a cage) and many are often mistreated by workers, given inadequate care, and have their necks slit while still being conscious. Some people choose to "eat" vegan for the environmental issues involved with said factory farms, such as a! nimal waste runoff into local water or how there is more energ! y loss the higher up the food chain one eats. These people we would call "strict vegetarians" because they do not follow the vegan philosophy about abstaining from supporting "animal exploitation." Even if they do not wear leather or use animal tested products, if they are not vegan FOR the "animals", they are simply strict vegetarian.Others "eat" vegan for the betterment of their health as there is overall less fat and more nutritious plant foods that one eats. People who only eat vegan "food," we would prefer to call strict vegetarians because they do not follow the vegan lifestyle, and many may still wear leather or use animal tested products.The great thing about veganism is it is about all of those things. Your reason for going vegan is about the animals, but you can also be glad that there is less environmental stress involved with your diet and that you will have no problems with cholesterol when you get older.I hope that helps! You can learn more about veganism atww! w.chooseveg.comwww.compassionoverkilling.comwww.mercyforanimals.comwww.veganoutreach.comTo read about how to stay health on a vegan diet check out these great websites.http://www.veganhealth.org/http://www.vegan.org/FAQs/index.htmlhttp://www.chooseveg.com/vegan-food-pyramid.asp...Show more

Coleman Ocegueda: I did it slowly and I haven't touched meat in more than 8 years. For some people, going "cold turkey" works well, too. You have to really want it, either way.I cut out meat just a few days a week, then most of the week, then most days a month, then it turned into every day and I just stopped. I can't pinpoint the exact date I stopped eating meat for good, but it worked for me and I'll never go back to eating meat. I used a little reward system for myself to get over the meat-eating thoughts. I was 13, so stickers and lip gloss worked well XD If it's hard for you, do some research and find out WHY you want to be a vegetarian. Once you know that, you'll know what you! r weakness is and it'll be a piece o' cake. ^_^...Show more

Flore! ncia Manolakis: it's good.i was vegetarian for 7 yrs. now i'm vegan.i am a vegan and went vegetarian because i love animals. and believe they deserve to be treated ethically right. i don't want to be milked, or shoved in small cages, or get slaughtered.... so why should i subject another living being to that?

Amina Motzer: Vegans do not eat honey any more than vegetarians eat fish.

Verena Koop: Wear Animals

Idell Dufort: Vegans don't eat honey. Vegans don't eat or use animal products. Bees are animals. Bees are highly evolved social creatures. The issue here isn't - is it right to eat honey, the issue is by definition vegans do not eat honey. So asking for answers from vegans who eat honey just doesn't make sense. It's like asking a question to 'vegans who wear leather' or 'vegans who eat beef'.'Vegans' who eat honey are the same as 'vegetarians' who eat fish.EDIT - Look - bees make honey to feed other bees - humans steal it. "To produce one ounce o! f honey, bees travel an average of 1600 round trips of up to 6 miles per trip. Bees travel a distance equal to 4 times around the earth in order to produce just 2 pounds of honey. A worker bee will produce only 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in the course of her entire lifetime. It takes thirty-five pounds of honey to provide enough energy for a small colony of bees to survive the winter."Large scale bee-keeping involves killing the queen every two years to prevent the hive from becoming too hostile. The queens are artificially (and therefore forcibly) inseminated and shipped in from suppliers through the usual mail channels which is pretty harsh and often results in injury.In both large and small scale bee keeping it is normal for bees to be crushed between frames and underfoot as well. As well as that, many bees die by stinging the bee-keeper to defend their hive. And some of you guys think this is a vegan product?...Show more

Ronald Moehr: Aw, crud, I meant to say ! DON'T eat honey. Although anyone that does is welcome to answer too.

Lahoma Beadell: I am vegan and only eat honey from bees that my grandparents raise organically. Sorry, I don't understand the ethics either.

Galen Gowers: Leather isn't bi-product, someone mentioned this and I disagree ENTIRELY. A lot of leather is made in india, where cows ironically are sacred, (the labour is cheap) but because of this, the meat often goes completely to waste, which means the only thing the cow is being reared and killed for is it's hide. It's as bad as fur. I know that wasn't what you were asking, but I do avoid silk because it involves killing something with nerve endings. I'm pretty sure there are cruelty free silks available, but they're very expensive and I wouldn't be able to tell you where to buy them from. As for conventionally produced silk, the silk worms are boiled to kill them, I certainly wouldn't want to die this way, so I avoid buying and wearing it. Although, I agree with the person that said something along the lines of; 'If the! animal died, you might as well give the death a purpose' kind of thing. But personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with it against my skin, matter of choice really. :)...Show more

Hyo Hardell: Why would you become vegitarian?why would'nt you?and if you are, why?

Sibyl Siwik: I've been thinking about becoming a vegetarian lately, though I don't know if I could do that. Is it possible to cold-turkey the meat eating, or would I need to slowly advance at it? What would you do with the meat-desired thoughts!? Ahh! TIA for your answers.

Saran Stealy: Please stop worrying about what a "vegan" does and do what you feel is comfortable then find a label for yourself.

Bo Perham: The raising of animals for food is the number one contributor to global warming; it creates more greenhouse gases than all forms of transportation combined.Animals raised for food are given feed laced with pesticides, and are injected with huge amounts of hormones and antibiotics. The! se substances can be found in all cuts of meat and have been linked to ! compromised immune systems and certain cancers.Meat eaters also have higher rates of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, colon cancer and all digestive disorders....Show more

Elden Bardach: I think it is great that you are doing this. I can't help you much, because I have always been a vegetarian. I have never had any meat-desired thoughts. (Well, not that kind lol) Just try and see. What ever works for you. You may need to cut back or stopping all together may work.There are some great foods that are vegetarian. Many ethnic foods too.Were you planning lacto/ovo (dairy & eggs) or vegan (Just fruits, grains, nuts &veggies). Vegan is really hard! I suggest including dairy & eggs to begin with. Good luck. E-mail me if you need any help with meal suggestions....Show more

Daria Verfaillie: Unfortunately, recently bees have begun to suffer from many bee diseases (ccd, varroa mite, hive beetle, etc.). Bees in man-made hives can be somewhat effectively medicated to prevent ! and treat these problems. Wild bees on the other hand have almost entirely been wipped out.Because of this there are next to no wild bees left, only the beekeeper's bees. The crops grown all around the world rely on the beekeepers for pollination seeing that there are no wild bees left to do it. According to a lot of vegans beekeeping is unethical and should come to an end. If beekeeping came to an end there would be no crops successfully grown. By buying an form of produce, vegans are supporting the beekeeping they are so against. The vegans rely on the farmers to grow their food, the farmers rely on the beekeepers for pollination, and the beekeepers rely on the honey industry....Show more

Otto Lingafelt: By definition, someone who is vegan would not eat honey. Bees are often killed during the process of honey removal from the hives especially in the mass commercial bee farms. A vegan who eats honey but not any animal byproducts (or meat obviously) is technically a ! vegetarian with a vegan-esque lifestyle. Personally I think you're doin! g pretty good if honey is your only downfall.

Star Gollnick: Just like I've answered ten thousand other times in this section. I became a vegetarian because I could no longer spend the life of an animal on my whim and desire. The 15 minutes of pleasure I get from eating a cheeseburger does not outweigh a cow's life and pain and suffering and death.My views on the vegEtarian way of life? I think it's great. If everyone did it, and managed crops wisely, there would be no more famine. If everyone gave thought to life before snuffing it out, there would be less violence in the WORLD. In general, it's healthier for 99.999% of the population. The ozone layer would not be depleting as rapidly (methane gas from cow farts).

Violette Vanek: It depends you your personality, some people choose to go cold turkey, but others like to edge into it gradually. Get the Vegetarian Starter Kit from - Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicinehttp://www.pcrm.org/health/vegi! nfo/vsk/A couple cookbooks you may find interesting -Becoming Vegetarian: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Vegetarian Diet - Vesanto Melina & Brenda DavisThe Meat-Lover's Vegetarian Cookbook - Tanya Petrovna...Show more

Donald Caravalho: I went cold turkey at first and almost a year and a half into it, I got sic, and had to stay overnight in the hospital. Everyone's different though. Anyways, the second time, I gradually decreased how much meat I ate a week until I didn't eat any at all. Although it's slower than what you'd like it to be, it's a lot better for your body in the long run. Don't forget to eat a lot of protein filled foods too. (:

Armando Somes: Not all beekeepers use chemicals to keep their bees safe from the latest threats. Actually, the beekeeper I get my honey from told me the other day that the big commercial bee keepers in the area are experiencing the exact same level of hive loss as he is, and he is not treating his hives.

Suns! hine Holets: I am a vegetarian because i love animals. Another reason i! s that I don't need. it isn't a neccesity. People make meat out to be really important in our diet, but you don't need meat to live at all(soy and beans work just as well, probably better) Evertime that I think about it or see it in the store I am completely grossed out.I don't need meat and I don't want it.

Lourie Mcroberts: It depends on the vegan.A true vegan is one who thinks of veganism as a lifestyle, not a diet. One who cares about animals.A person who eats a vegan diet to lose weight or for health reasons, often will still wear and use animals and animal tested products. They also therefore sometimes will use products containing animal byproducts, such as soap or toothpaste....Show more

Wally Perrien: I know "vegan" is just a label, but the actual definition of the word is a person who does not use animals in any way, believing that they were not put here for the convenience of humans. So, even if every other aspect of a person's life falls within the v! egan definition but they eat honey, then they're not vegans, they're vegetarians. Sounds pedantic, but that is the accepted definition.However, each person's commitment is different and there are many who see the relationship between the bee and the human to be mutually beneficial, but a strict vegan would not see it that way because of the use of the bees' labour for the benefit of humans....Show more

Roxane Leathers: I am a vegetarian for a couple reasons. Here's what happened. About three years ago I was preparing chicken in my kitchen and I was going through the usual routine of being completely grossed out by the whole process. I finally had to ask myself, "if it bothers you so much to think about what you are handling, then why are you eating it?" So I stopped. Over the last few years I have found that I don't actually NEED to consume animals, so why not save a few lives. It's pretty amazing to look at the actual number of animals consumed by an average person ! in the United States every year. Some would argue "Well, it's already d! ead and in the store, why let it go to waste?" To that I say if you don't buy it, then the demand for lowers and thus the supply. One person really does make a difference here. More benefits to being vegetarian? I'm thinner, I eat less crappy junk food, I rarely ever have fast food, I have better sex (HA! scientifically proven just recently, google it), and it's less expensive.

Ramona Pago: There are two types of vegans:Ethical Vegans - don't purchase any animal products (clothes, etc)Diet Vegans - don't eat any animals foods.

Rodolfo Merel: I have dedicated my life to helping abused and neglected animals. By far the worst case of animal abuse and neglect in this country is the farming industry. So it certainly wouldn't make sense for me to go home and eat the thing that I work so hard to defend. I also believe animals are sentient beings, capable thought and emotion, love and companionship, and humans are selfish pricks for taking that away from them.

Ma! urice Breuning: I decided to be a vegetarian after I went to my friend's farmhouse and we were watching/ holding little chicks and she said that when they got older they would kill them for food (like, to sell). I want one for a pet so bad.I I'm also a vegetarian to be healthier.

Norris Rosener: Whatever works best for you. You're the one who knows yourself best, so only you can decide whether to do it cold turkey or gradually. Different approaches works better for different people. Just stopping works if you already don't eat a lot, or if you think that cutting out gradually would cause you to stretch it out longer than it needed to be. For some people, doing it gradually doesn't work because they continue eating meat with the "Yes, yes, one day, soon..." idea. If you have a deadline for a transition, that might work. (ei. cut out red meat *now*, then give up poultry next monday, then fish the week after, then gelatin the week after that.) As for craving meat, rememb! er where it came from and what had to happen for it to go from a living! , breathing animal to a lump of cooked flesh on a plate. You can also look into meat substitutes, some of them taste quite similar to real meat, I recommend the Tofurky brand....Show more

Micah Schwarcz: Vegans are people who do not embrace handling or consuming animal products. This involves, obviously, their diet which excludes meat, dairy, seafood,and other animal-based foods. People are usually Vegan for health concerns or because they believe that animals' lives are very valuable. So, if you are Vegan, you are expected not to wear or own any product made from an animal. Besides, that animal had to be KILLED to make that pair of boots or bag.

Cedric Grimstead: Vegans purely do not use anything animal related, including consuming. So, no. You could not. I quit being a vegan because I love chicken and sushi!

Rickey Vrieze: I stopped eating meat all at once. it may seem hard, but after the first week or so, its the easiest thing. if you give up meat slowl! y its going to take you FOREVER to become vegetarian. and as to "meat-desired thoughts", I had those for about the first month, then they went away. now I'm totally disgusted and cant believe that I ever ate meat.

Antwan Schrum: I even have been a vegitarian for 4 years, after 11 eating meat. i grow to be continuously an animal lover. it began whilst we've been given those 2 lobsters fro our friends and my mothers and fathers have been approximately to prepare dinner them. I made them placed the lobsters back interior the sea (LOL) and ever on condition that i've got no longer been eaing meat. I have no objective of protesting against meat eaters, i'm going to enable PETA look after that. yet i'm no longer approximately to consume an animal who has as plenty precise to this planet as we do. incredibly after the 1st week or 2 you only grow to be familiar with no longer eating meat. If I have been to have a huge piece of steak precise now i could throw it up because of ! fact it incredibly is been see you later on condition that i've got eat! en it. Being a veggie is relaxing and that i could advise attempting it. Haha, yet heavily, you should attempt it out....Show more

Ulrike Hert: I did it in steps, first stopped eating all pork products, because that was the easiest for me to give up. Then about a year later stopped all beef products, then eventually gave up poultry & seafood together. Worked out fine for me, just use meat substitutes! I started my transition to vegetarianism when I was 11 or 12.

Leticia Laiben: I've just answered a question about vegan for Lent. Hold on and I'll copy the relevant bit......."Do you realise that becoming a vegan isn't just about not eating any animal product, but is a lifestyle choice which governs what clothes you wear (no wool, silk or leather), what cosmetics you use (nothing with animal products or that has been tested on animals), how you clean your house (nothing tested on animals again), or what medicines you use (nothing with gelatin capsules and you'd ! only take it knowing that it had been tested on animals or contained an animal by-produce if a vegan alternative wasn't available)?"So you'd probably be more a strict vegetarian, although most vegetarians try to avoid animal products if they can. After all, it's a bit hypocritical not to eat a cow, but be happy to have a leather wallet....Show more

Anton Waln: I'm just curious, please no hate.I read recently that it's estimated that nearly 90% of the world's population of bees are now kept by people who use them for harvesting honey. This same place mentioned that this is mostly because the wild bees are being killed off by not only mites, but some mysterious disease that just kills the hive very quickly, possibly overnight, and human-kept bees have some protection from that. From the mites, anyway.So, presuming this to be entirely true, which I'll admit it's possible it isn't, but if we take this as true for now, is it still unethical to not eat honey? Yes, true, we ! could continue to keep bees, and just not harvest their honey, I suppos! e. But any knowledgeable beekeeper knows you don't take more honey than the hive can spare, because you don't want any of your bees to die over the winter that don't have to.I guess I just don't quite get why honey would even be considered unethical in the first place....Show more

Margart Stimpert: whatever floats your boat.i'm all for saving the animals and all of that, but i won't stop eating them because i like my burgers too much. =)

Tomeka Hameen: There is only one kind of vegan:"The word 'veganism' denotes a philosophy and way of living which seeks to end the idea of animals as property and exclude all forms of intentional exploitation of, use of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing, research or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, including people and the environment.In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or part! ly from animals."Anyone who says they are vegan but they wear leather or use products tested on animals or go to zoos or circuses or anything like are NOT vegan! There is one definition or at least one meaning expressed through different definitions but they all end out the same no exploitation of animals for any reason. The definition I have provided above is probably the best as it traces it's lineage back to Donald Watson's original definition and goes up through the Vegan Society and was more recently edited to provide clarity and bring it into more modern thought.There is no partial vegan you either are on the path of veganism or you aren't there yet. However anyone can live vegan and there is nothing that is stopping anyone from living vegan. People still doing things that exploit animals and calling themselves vegans are selfish and hurtful towards veganism and we don't need that. Veganism has always been about the animals and not exploiting them and while veganism c! an be great for health and the environment those are not a reason to li! ve vegan as many things we do aren't bad for health or the environment but harm animals and that is the focus. This should give you the info to help start off veganism a lot easier:Here is a list of animal ingredients to avoid:http://www.happycow.net/health-animal-ingredients....More things to avoid:Animals as clothes:Leather, skins, furs, wool, silk, down, feathers...Animals as entertainment:Circuses, rodeos, zoos, aquariums, animal fights, animal races, hunting...Companies that DO NOT test on animals(however CHECK INGREDIENTS they only verify testing not ingredients):http://www.leapingbunny.org/indexcus.phpVegan products:http://www.veganstore.com/ (I know them well and they aren't doing as well in this economy but they are a great source for awesome hard to find stuff and they are very friendly and giving even if they really don't have much if anything to give)http://gentleworld.org/vegan-evolution/products/Vegan recipes: http://vegweb.com/More info on veganism:http://ani! mal-rights.com/http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm (I get the honey question a lot)http://www.youcanhelpstopthis.com/...Show more

Blythe Noreiga: There is the basic Vegan that has the philosophy of not wearing animal and not eating meat or honey but there there are those who not knowing about the general philosophy do not eat meat so they call themselves vegan. I am not vegan just vegetarian and am not opposed to eating honey or eggs. if someone gave me leather I would wear it but there are always the fanatics that do not allow you to have the liberty to choose for yourself and have even damaged a fir coat with paint or paint spray. Some just do not understand that you have the same right to do what you do as they to not do what they do. Conscience....Show more

Jodie Capella: Well, if you really love animals, you will wanna become a vegetarian. Two words animal cruelty, these will help make you a vegetarian. I've been vegetarian my whole life! It think it's e! asy as I have never tasted meat before.

Betsey Muehlbach: Hey Var! doom I'm not hating at all, but coming to a place where vegetarians congregate and saying their militant wierdos is just so silly. Please, practice your kindness and take your hate outside.OP, I don't know about honey. I don't eat it, don't like the taste, I really hate animals of any kind being squashed, cut u, shoved aside. Honestly, I didn't start not eating animals for the animal love- it's just I can't agree to rudely shoving humans or animals aside to further your agenda.Not physically. ANd bees are shoved, swiped, crushed, sliced into. I agree about the death of bees worldwide being a terrible plight. It's a good source of energy and food, but it entails going into a bee hive, which can kill you if allergic, to pull the honey put. I guess I just don't think it's necessary to even eat it at all. I have no issue with people who do,, I just don't think an insect or any animal is worse than any human, but humans frequently show how cruel they are, how aggressive, by doin! g stuff to animals consciously, which are often harmful. I'm somewhat on the fence about beekeeping- bees live in a ahive in a tree, which can be picked of honey without disturbing the bees. Farming and industrial beekeeping makes bees and kills them too. As I don't like honey, I easiy live without it, and since it CAN harm and force animals to provide a service they didn't sign up for, I think I'll err on the side of not eating it anyway....Show more

Jesusita Dykhoff: 1. It's better for my cholesterol and fat level,2. i hate killing an animal so cute to eat it, if others do it i certainly don't want to add to the pain of animals being slaughtered just so they become a persons food,3. my sisters became vegetarians which influenced me,4. It's better for the enviorment without all the pollution of dead animals being cast away into dumps and lakes and all that stuff. You can compost potatoes and lettuce but you can't composte beef or ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment