111

Monday 18 May 2020

why do minorities students seek higher education?

David Boehler: Maybe to fight stereotypes, or to prove themselves. Also, it depends where you live, but if you live with other minorities who seem to get bad grades, then you want to be better than them. You want to live a better way. Also, maybe they want what the minority want, they want to feel "normal", this is me kind of guessing, I'm not entirely sure, I'm sure thats your opinion.

Toshiko Reimers: Because they want to show the majority that they can be exceptional. =] I'm a minority, and I'm doing it to show that just because I'm a gay guy, that I'm not a nothing. It's the same with others. Some minorities might come from a country where education isn't great, and they're so grateful to get an educational opportunity when they come here.

Dick Baumgarten: The same reason majority member students do- to pursue a career that they want and to have a better life. If you can't answer this question yourself, you have no business applying to Berkeley (it would ! help to be able to spell the name of the school, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment