111

Monday 4 May 2020

My mother hates when I get extra attention?  

My mother hates when I get extra attention?  

answers 0:I don't particularly care for extra attention, but last week I had to go to the Dr. for my back. I then had to go to another Dr. And then I broke a tooth, so I had to go to the dentist. When I went to the Dr.'s (which I haven't since I was very young, I'm 15) he wanted me to come back for tests. The other day they called to schedule the appointment and my mother said I no longer needed the tests (according to her, not the Dr.). I asked her why and she very snidely said, "Because, I'm spending enough money on your teeth. I am NOT going to take you to the Dr. Now stop riding my back" I saw the bill for my teeth and our dental issurance covered the entire costs. And our medical inssurance is seperate, and I know it covers the tests. I got a very distinct feeling that she very much disliked the fact that I was getting extra attention and! was mad that she had already given me extra attention. I never get extra attention myself. It's not really something I crave, but I didn't realize that I never get extra attention until that day. She has done this before. And absolutely hates it when I get extra attention, but not from anyone specifically. Why is this?P.S. I wonder if it's because when she was a child, her mother was slightly narcissistic. When I went to the dentist she refused for me to be sedated. I didn't ask for sedation, but I asked her why not. She said because when she had her root canal (I was having a root canal) she wasn't sedated and I needed to suck it up and stop expecting her to protect. Which was really odd, because I'm very independent and don't ask for protection. ANY advice would be nice!...Show moreanswers 1:Your mother may have some issues and it's not fair to you. Maybe you should even tell her most of what you told us, tell her how you feel. See how she reacts. Whatever happens, tell ! her if medical insurance covers all the costs, you have a righ! t to take care of and heal your body. It's not for her to decide. If you need to, get a ride to the doctor's from a friend or someone like grandma.answers 2:does ur mother have anger issues or any of that ?? um if ur back hurts really bad go to your dad or grandma or someone and with your mom i think this is just tough love sorry to say but thats what it sounds like hope i helpedXOXOPom....

No comments:

Post a Comment